Categories
Technical

Tab count redux

A while back, I documented a silly approach to trying to keep, erm, tabs on the way I use Firefox.

This worked pretty well until I decided to have a play with Vivaldi, a power-user focussed browser based on Chromium. I ended up ripping out that functionality from my dotfiles.

This evening I realised I still have the same problem, so had a go at reimplementing it for my new browser, to discover that it’s far simpler now without having to hack around with Firefox’s massive saved session file.

Since I wrote that post, someone else has looked into taking the idea to the next level and graphing it all in grafana. Something that when I find some spare time, I might look at replicating (although I’m sure my solution will be far less elegant).

One reply on “Tab count redux”

Comments are closed.